This critical strategic role (for any developer focused company) combines developer skill+empathy, technical content, product marketing, community building, and a lot of customer/market engagement.
The position is perfect for developers looking to move to more customer facing roles (a real alternative to product, solution engineering, and architect roles)
In its essence DevRel includes:
- Developer advocacy - Understanding the developer needs from the product and promoting them internally within the company
- Developer evangelism - Zealously promoting the discussion about our problem space (building authorization), and our open-source + SaaS solutions for it.
Permit.io empowers developers to bake in permissions and access-control into any product in minutes. Backed by two leading US VCs, we have our headquarters in Tel Aviv and are remote friendly, and of course focused and accustomed to working with the US/Global market.
An experienced developer at heart, eager to work with and empower fellow engineers. Passion for product, creative and content a major plus.
What you'll do
You will lead our DevRel and community efforts, your responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with customers, free users, and our open-source community.
- Plan and implement our PLG, bottom-up market strategy
- Work closely with our CEO, marketing team, as well as R&D
- Take a leading role in creating content (docs, blogs, webinars, code, and more)
- Contribute / spread the word about to our open-source project(s) - OPAL.ac (already used by leaders like Tesla and Zapier)